Groves Hospital has a reputation for excellence in teaching.
This reputation could not have been built without the knowledge and experience of our extraordinary staff. We provide hands-on learning opportunities to students from many disciplines.
- 'hands-on' learning opportunity
- one-on-one teaching with clinician/preceptor
- fewer students per patient and per teacher
- patient continuity of care and follow up
- ability to 'do more'
- intellectually supportive learning environment
Nursing/Medical Students and Residents
In order to secure a student placement at Groves Memorial Community Hospital please contact the Academic Coordinator at your educational institution. It is your Academic Coordinator who should work to secure a placement for you at the hospital. Academic Coordinators at all educational institutions, that have a standing affiliation agreement with GMCH, will have a contact at the hospital through which they can secure a placement for clinical training.
Mandatory Requirements for Nursing and Allied Health Care Students
- All students must complete the on-line General Orientation and return the completed checklist to Human Resources prior to your start date.
- Meet with and be cleared by Occupational Health Nurse prior to the start of placement
- Provide a signed Unpaid Work/Education Placement Agreement. This form must be submitted to the GMCH Human Resources Department
- Contact you preceptor – name to be provided by Placement Coordinator
- Please note: Hospital ID Badge will be provided to you on your first shift
Groves Memorial Community Hospital works with the following institutions to place medical students/clerks/residents (to find out more information please click on the below links):
Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP)
Southwestern Medical Education Network (SWOMEN)
Canadian Residence Matching Service (CaRms)
Mandatory Requirements for Medical Trainee Placements
Prior to arriving at GMCH the following information must be received by the GMCH’s Human Resources Department:
- Letter of Good Standing from your University.
- GMCH’s Confidentiality and Code of Conduct Forms signed by you the Trainee.
Without this information we are not able to allow you to train at the hospital (please ensure this information is sent at least three weeks before your placement).