(REGULAR PART TIME)
There is a regular part time Switchboard/Registration Clerk position available within the Switchboard/Registration department.
This position is unionized with Unifor Local 1106.
- Act as main communication center answering incoming calls and redirecting to appropriate departments, overhead pages, emergency codes, and reference to on-call schedules
- Using the hospital information system, following registration standards, register patients with current valid information for each visit
- Responsible for understanding downtime procedures for phone system, hospital information system, paging, and any other electronic systems maintained by the department, including emergency codes
- Manage contacts in a professional manner understanding the patient is first and foremost
- Confidentiality of all information is a requirement of employment as well as compliance with the Privacy Act, hospital and departmental policies and procedures including compliance with Pledge of Confidentiality which requires staff to maintain confidentiality even after employment ceases
- Other duties as assigned: Including but not limited to file sorting, chart creation, organizing of patient information, daily entry of internal census information.
- Graduate Medical Office Program preferred
- Medical Terminology Certificate required - current related experience may be considered (must complete medical terminology certificate)
- Meditech registration experience – Recent experience preferred
- Previous Switchboard/Admitting/Registration experience in a healthcare setting
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (especially Word and Excel) and experience with other software applications, particularly hospital information systems
- Compliance with Privacy Legislation and Hospital Confidentiality requirements.
- Experience organizing patient health information with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, physicians and other healthcare professionals, in a polite, pleasant and professional manner
- Ability to work at a fast pace, independently and maintain strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Current knowledge of basic Accounts Receivable functions
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively
Hours of Work: Availability for rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to email@example.com and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Quote job posting # 2018-212 in the subject line.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.