REGISTERED NURSE – OPERATING ROOM
A full time Registered Nurse position is available in the Operating Room.
This position will be responsible for comprehensive nursing care within the OR, Endoscopy Suite, Day Surgery, and Recovery Room as established by the standards of nursing practice with the College of Nurses of Ontario and according to policies and procedures as set out by GMCH.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- BScN an asset
- Post Graduate Course in Perioperative Nursing required
- Membership in RNAO and CNA is an asset
- 1-3 years OR experience
- Current BCLS
- Current certificate in ACLS & PALS or willingness to obtain
- Post Anaesthetic Care Nursing certificate/course or willingness to obtain
- Prepared to work in all areas of Surgical Suite (Operating Room Scrub and Circulating, Endoscopy, Day Surgery, Post Anaesthetic Care Unit) on a rotating basis
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven organizational and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to function as an effective interdisciplinary team member
- Ability to assume a leadership/charge role
- Understanding of evidence based practice and standards of Operating Room nursing
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and willingness to actively participate in departmental educational activities
- Monday – Sunday as per department schedule
- Rotation on-call according to master plan (NOTE: must be able to respond to call and have Operating Room set up and ready in 30 minutes)
Interested INTERNAL applicants view the internal posting on the Hospital Intranet at http://remote.gghorg.ca and applyonly to email@example.com.
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Quote job posting # 2019-131 in the subject line.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.