REGISTERED NURSE – MEDICINE & FIRST FLOOR
(TEMPORARY FULL TIME)
A temporary full time position is available effective May 2019 until November 2019. This temporary position will work on both Medicine and First Floor.
- Current certificate of Competence for College of Nurses
- Current certificate in BCLS & ACLS
- Defibrillation and Cardiac pacing certification required*
- Coronary Care Course or equivalent*
- CVADS (Central Venous Access Devices) and 12 lead ECG preferred
- Recent experience in medical nursing including palliative care
- Certificate for neo-natal resuscitation (NRP) or willing to complete within six (6) months
- ACoRN required (or willing to obtain)
- PALS preferred
- Certified to start IV’s and give IV meds, including Central Venous Access Devices
- Perinatal Certificates I & II (including Fetal Surveillance) preferred
- Appropriate advocate with support skills for breastfeeding—interest in pursuing breast feeding certification
- Surgical experience an asset
- Complex Continuing Care experience an asset
- Well developed assessment skills necessary
- Good communication and patient teaching skills
- Patient focused and Team orientated
- Must be available for all three shifts, and weekends, as per department schedule
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to email@example.com and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Quote job posting # 2019-89 in the subject line.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.