REGISTERED NURSE - FIRST FLOOR
A regular part time opportunity ia available for a Registered Nurse who is able to function capably in all areas of first floor including Surgical, Pediatrics, Labour and Delivery, Post Partum and care of the Newborn, and Complex Continuing Care.
- Current certificate of Competence for College of Nurses
- Current certificate in BCLS
- Certificate for neo-natal resuscitation (NRP) or willing to complete within six (6) months
- ACoRN required (or willing to obtain)
- PALS preferred
- Certified to start IV’s and give IV meds, including Central Venous Access Devices
- Demonstrated well-developed assessment and nursing skills for antepartum, labour, delivery, post partum, as well as assessment & care of the newborn. (One year full-time experience preferred)
- Perinatal Certificates I & II (including Fetal Surveillance) preferred
- Appropriate advocate with support skills for breastfeeding—interest in pursuing breast feeding certification
- Surgical experience an asset
- Complex Continuing Care experience an asset
- Good communication and patient teaching skills
- Patient focused and Team orientated
- As per department schedule
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to email@example.com and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.