WELLINGTON HEALTH CARE ALLIANCE
Groves Memorial Community Hospital · Louise Marshall Hospital · Palmerston & District Hospital
The Wellington Health Care Alliance is currently accepting applications for a full-time Project Accountant to join our team for a 2-year contract term. The project accountant’s responsibilities will include but not limited to; operating and capital budgets, fixed asset management, financial reporting for the Groves Memorial Redevelopment Project, Louise Marshall Hospital Redevelopment, support the development of Decision Support and support to the Financial Services department.”
This role reports to the Director of Finance, CFO and will be primarily focused on the New Groves Memorial Hospital Redevelopment financial reporting.
- three rural Hospitals + one integrated management team = Wellington Health Care Alliance
- embarking on projects such as building a new hospital and medical centre, renovating Emergency and Ambulatory Care departments, while providing top-notch-round-the-clock care to our patients
- a Project Accountant opportunity available
- an open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- a team based/supportive approach to work
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with hospital operations and environments;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills;
- Comprehensive experience planning, managing and implementing health capital projects, including space and program planning;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ontario Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care capital planning processes, including early stage planning processes;
- Working knowledge for preparation and implementation of various contracts types, Design-Build, CCDC2, CCDC3, Build-Finance, Design-Build-Finance
- A degree in Business or Finance with a Professional Accounting designation or enrolment in the latter stages of a Professional Accounting designation program
- 3 years of experience in a progressive accounting or financial analysis role
- Strong financial reporting skills, knowledge of GAAP and MIS Guidelines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong aptitude for analysis and interpretation of data
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, interpersonal and written communication, team building, and the ability to initiate and model positive change
- Proven ability to manage multiple and competing projects effectively
- Experience with CIHI and MIS guidelines, an asset
- Experience with Medisolutions an asset
- Work collaboratively with the Finance, Decision Support and Redevelopment Teams of the Wellington Health Care Alliance (Groves Memorial Community Hospital and North Wellington Health Care)
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and analysis of financial statements for the Redevelopment projects including the preparation of forecasts, monitoring, reporting and processing of payments.
- Prepare, analyse and interpret financial, statistical and clinical information
- Assist with the capital and operating budgets and Ministry submissions.
- Travel may be required amongst all three hospital sites and surrounding areas for various obligations, so a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle is required at all times.
You would stand out if you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, drawing upon attributes of emotional intelligence