What to Bring
- OHIP Card (if you do not have an OHIP Card you will be expected to show other identification - preferably government issued)
- Supplemental Insurance information (if you have extra coverage)
- Social Insurance Number along with employer information for WSIB visits
- Full name and address of your family doctor
- Emergency contat information
- All medications that you are currently taking including non-prescription medications (over the counter, including herbal medications)
- Personal care items (toothbrush, toothpaste, hand soap, shampoo, deodorant, shaving kit, brush/comb)
- Sleep wear, robe and non-skid slippers
- Dentures/partials (clearly label with your name)
- Hearing aid (clearly label with your name)
- Glasses/contact lenses (clearly label with your name)
- Canes, walkers, wheelchairs or any other aid you use (clearly label with your name)
- If you are bringing any electrical devices, such as shavers or blow dryers, please speak with a member of your health care team prior to using it. For safety reasons, these items need to be approved before use.
- Storage space is limited
- Long distance calls will require a calling card
Please leave all valuables including jewellery, cash and important documents at home. Groves Memorial Community Hospital cannot assume responsibility for any personal items that are lost, stolen or damaged while in our care.
Telephone & Television Rentals
Hospitality Network, in partnership with Groves Memorial, offers patients a television and telephone rental system. The system includes self-serve 24/7 service activation.
Patients simply dial 3398 from the patient’s bedside phone to order television and telephone service. Patient family members or friends may also call (1-866-223-3686) from any phone outside of the hospital during call center hours to activate services for loved ones or family members.
Methods of payment for the automated TV rental service will be Visa or MasterCard. Visa gift cards are available in the Groves Hospital Volunteer Association Gift Shop.
- Premium TV Service: $11.00 per day (plus applicable taxes)
- Telephone Rental: $4.00 per day (plus applicable taxes)
- TV Complex Continuing Care: $66.00 per 28 days (plus applicable taxes)
- Telephone Complex Continuing Care: $44.00 per 28 days (plus applicable taxes)
The standard discharge time for Groves Memorial Community Hospital is 10:00 a.m. Your care team will start to prepare you for your discharge date as soon as your care plan is in place. For a smooth transition home, please arrange for a family member or loved one to take you home. If you have any questions regarding the discharge process, please ask a member of your health care team.