Groves Hospital is pleased to offer inpatient and outpatient physiotherapy for individuals of all ages with musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, and neurological conditions.
Patients can be located in any of the divisions in the hospital: medical, obstetrical, surgical, complex continuing care and emergency.
Access to publicly-funded outpatient physiotherapy will be limited to the following criteria listed below. A referral from a physician or nurse practitioner is mandatory to add your name to the waiting list.
- Seniors (65 years of age and older)
- Youth (0-19 years of age)
- Recipients of benefits under the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (approved claim number mandatory), Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works and Family Benefits
- Post orthopedic surgery and fractures (less than 3 months old)
- Dislocations (referrals must be received within 4 weeks)
- Patients admitted to hospital overnight and referred by a physician who treated them in the hospital for the condition they were originally admitted for.
Exclusions: Neurological diagnoses – Referral must be made to an appropriate Rehab facility
There is a waiting list for outpatient physiotherapy that is prioritized based on patients need. Patients that have had surgery or have been discharged from hospital are given first priority.
Care is provided by registered Physiotherapists and Physiotherapy Assistants.
A thorough and detailed assessment of the injury, an individualized treatment and exercise program designed according to your rehabilitation needs, “hands on” treatment which includes manual therapy, modalities and other treatment techniques to enhance your recovery. Education and a home exercise program at the time of discharge to maintain improvements and prevent re-injury.
Hours of Operation
- Inpatient support is available Monday through Friday from 9am – 3pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 9am-12 noon
- Outpatient Physiotherapy hours are Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm with some exceptions
What to bring
Please remember on the day of your appointment to bring your OHIP card and your requisition with you. Please arrive 5 minutes before your test to fill in the allotted paper work. You may wish to wear comfortable clothing and bring a pair of shorts with you. Your assessment will be ½ hour to 1 hour in length depending on your diagnosis.
For more information or to add your name to the waiting list please call (519) 843-2010 ext 3265.