GROVES MEMORIAL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
(REGULAR PART TIME (0.2 FTE))
A regular part time (0.2 FTE) Pharmacy Technician position is available in the Pharmacy Department effective September 2019.
This position is unionized with Unifor, Local 1106.
Reporting to the Manager, Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for technical and clinical support activities according to departmental & hospital policies, provincial guidelines and Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists Standards of Practice including:
- Preparation and distribution of medications, including sterile admixtures (incl. chemotherapy, TPN and patient controlled analgesia)
- Using computer technology to perform daily operations including order entry, medication reconciliation, document generation and departmental inventory control processes
- Delivery and maintenance of medications in clinical areas
- Completion of audits, medication safety initiatives, and projects
- Graduate of a CCAPP (Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs) Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program required
- Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT)
- Chemotherapy certification preferred
- Knowledge of inpatient pharmacy dispensing processes
- Knowledge, skill & competence in preparation of sterile products
- Computer skills related to Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with Meditech pharmacy software preferred
- Experience in hospital pharmacy
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication, teamwork, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Commitment to lifelong learning and professional development
- History of dependability (including good attendance record)
- Adaptability & ability to prioritize, attention to detail
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
Hours of work:
- 7.5 hours per week, as per department schedule including weekend work as required
Interested INTERNAL applicants view the internal posting on the Hospital Intranet at http://remote.gghorg.ca and applyonly to email@example.com.
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please quote job posting 2019-106.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.