A convenient checklist for you to ensure you bring everything you need for a comfortable and stress-free stay at Groves Memorial Community Hospital.
You will need to bring the following items to the hospital:
- OHIP Card (if you do not have an OHIP Card you will be expected to show other identification - preferably government-issued)
- Supplemental Insurance information (if you have extra coverage)
- Social Insurance Number along with employer information for WSIB visits
- Full name and address of your family doctor
- Emergency contact information
- All medications that you are currently taking including non-prescription medications (over the counter, including herbal medications)
- Personal care items (toothbrush, toothpaste, hand soap, shampoo, deodorant, shaving kit, brush/comb)
- Sleepwear, robe and non-skid slippers
- Dentures/partials (clearly label with your name)
- Hearing aid (clearly label with your name)
- Glasses/contact lenses (clearly label with your name)
- Canes, walkers, wheelchairs or any other aid you use (clearly label with your name)
- If you are bringing any electrical devices, such as shavers or blow dryers, please speak with a member of your health care team prior to using it. For safety reasons, these items need to be approved before use.
- Storage space is limited
- Long-distance calls will require a calling card
Please leave all valuables including jewellery, cash and important documents at home.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital cannot assume responsibility for any personal items that are lost, stolen or damaged while in our care.
Please be advised that payment is required in order to use the bedside telephone and television.
Please speak to a member on your health care team for more information.
The standard discharge time for Groves Memorial Community Hospital is 10:00 a.m.
Your care team will start to prepare you for your discharge date as soon as your care plan is in place. For a smooth transition home, please arrange for a family member or loved one to take you home.
If you have any questions regarding the discharge process, please ask a member of your health care team.