MDRD REPROCESSING TECHNICIAN
(REGULAR PART TIME)
A regular part time position is available June 2019 for a MDRD Reprocessing Technician who is able to function capably in the MDRD Department.
Responsible for the reprocessing of patient care equipment and instruments for use in operating room, endoscopy and other patient care areas.Duties include the collection of soiled instruments/equipment, decontamination, inspection, assemble, packaging, sterilization, storage and distribution.Adhering to guidelines and standards set by CSA (Canadian Standards Association), PIDAC, (Provincial Infections Diseases Advisory Committee), MDRAO (medical Device Reprocessing Association of Ontario) and Health Canada.
This position is unionized with Unifor, Local 1106.
- Successful completion of a Sterile Processing Certificate
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (CSA) certificate
- Experience with medical terminology an asset
- Minimum 1 year hospital work experience in sterile processing techniques and preparation of medical supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation
- Knowledge of routine infection control practices
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (windows and internet)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as a team member
- Positive work and attendance record is essential.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects contaminated/soiled equipment, instrument, trays etc. and returns to MDRD
- Cleans and terminally decontaminated surgical instruments and other reusable equipment in accordance with established departmental protocols
- Manual cleaning/brushing of heavily soiled instruments/equipment
- Operates washer-disinfectors, cart washer and sonic cleaner for decontamination of all instruments and equipment
- Dismantles, cleans, inspects and reassembles equipment/instruments prior to assemble
- Ensures supplies/trays are wrapped correctly in sterilization wrapper/pouch to include sterilization integrator and labeled with the appropriate sterilization tape
- Loads, unload and monitors the parameters of sterilizers
- Performs and documents biological testing on all sterilization equipment
- Carries out all sterilization procedures and related duties in accordance with establishes standards for sterilizers
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Performs all work in a safe and proper manner in accordance with Groves Memorial Community Hospital principles and protocols and all legislative requirements
- Codes/regulations/standards including WHMIS, OH&S etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
HOURS OF WORK:
- As per department schedule
- 7.0 hours Monday to Friday, with evening and weekend on call
Interested INTERNAL applicants view the internal posting on the Hospital Intranet at http://remote.gghorg.ca and applyonly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to email@example.com and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please reference job posting # 2019-93 in the subject line of the email.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.