MAINTENANCE – TRADES
A full time Maintenance - Trades opportunity is available within the Maintenance Department at Groves Memorial Community Hospital.
The Trade person operates, inspects and maintains the facilities' heating, cooling and ventilation systems to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for all patients, visitors and staff. All work is carried out in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
- Perform work in compliance with the local and provincial codes and bylaws and the Building Code pertaining to boilers and HVAC systems including BAS, heating, cooling and ventilation equipment within specified control ranges
- Carry out routine inspections, repairs and maintenance to HVAC equipment and systems throughout the Hospital and Grounds as assigned
- Regularly inspect, test and repair as required: fire alarms, bed maintenance, magnetic door locks and alarms, paging systems, call bell systems, safety equipment, HVAC units, building equipment, kitchen equipment and other machinery
- Maintain, monitor and replace medical gas systems and medical gas tanks
- Steam and gas fitting
- Installation/commissioning of new equipment
- Decommission/disconnect of old equipment
- Assist with shutdowns during regular and project work
- Perform daily, preventive and emergency maintenance on building systems
- Manage an inventory of critical and day-to-day supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Trade Certification through the apprenticeship process and recognized by the Ontario College of Trades
- Minimum three years general maintenance experience in a health care or industrial setting with boilers, large refrigeration equipment, pneumatic, electric and electric/pneumatic control systems, generating equipment and heating and air conditioning systems
- Proven skills and experience related to the care and repair to building systems which may include and is not limited to the following: HVAC systems, boiler maintenance, preventive and general maintenance of equipment and buildings as well as facility properties, general plumbing, electrical, carpentry, building envelop, drywall/plaster and painting.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings and service manuals.
- Be knowledgeable with WHMIS and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proven work history with regards to being punctual, dependable, and work with minimal supervision and a team player in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to understand how the Hospitals various systems and sub systems operate, how they are interlocked for operation and safety, how changes made will effect both up stream and down stream conditions
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license and certificate of qualification
HOURS OF WORK:
- 37.5 hours per week
- On-call as per department schedule, including a scheduled 3.75 hour shift on Sat/Sun when on call
- Overtime as necessary
Interested INTERNAL applicants view the internal posting on the Hospital Intranet at http://remote.gghorg.ca and applyonlyto email@example.com.
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Quote job posting # 2019-133 in the subject line.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.