Groves Memorial Community Hospital is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are taking these precautions and working with our partners like Public Health to ensure a safe environment for all.
What is COVID-19?
Do I have COVID-19, a Cold, or the Flu?
What measures are in place at Groves Memorial Community Hospital that will affect me?
- Emergency Department Patients
- Youth 18 years of age or under (Pediatric Patients)
- Palliative Patients
- Obstetrical Patients
Screening: We are currently screening patients at entry points to the hospital for signs of illness. Patients who meet screening criteria will be placed in isolation precautions and viral testing will be done. We also continue to screen and take appropriate precautions for other respiratory viruses like influenza that are prevalent in our community.
Appointments/Procedures: Please call ahead to confirm if you have an appointment or procedure booked as some non-essential services have or will be cancelled.
What do I need to know before coming to the Emergency Department?
*CLEAN HANDS AND PUT A MASK ON, PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS POSTED
- Are you feeling fevered or have you had shakes or chills?
- Do you have a new or worsening cough or shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose/sneezing/nasal congestion, hoarse voice, diarrhea/nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, new loss of taste/smell?
- Have you had contact with a sick person who is thought to be ill with COVID-19?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or had contact with a sick person who has travelled?
We recognize that these temporary measures can be an inconvenience and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work together to protect our patients, families and staff. Thank you for helping to keep our community healthy.
We have received tremendous support from our communities in the form of donations. There are generous offers however at this time, for the safety of staff, physicians, and patients we cannot:
- accept any food donations
- offer or host communal meals within the hospital- such as pizza, sandwich platters, pasta trays, etc.
Please visit Ontario.ca/coronavirus for the latest information.