HEALTH RECORDS CLERK
(REGULAR PART TIME)
A regular part time Health Records Clerk position is available at Groves Memorial Community Hospital within our Health Information Services Department.
This position is unionized with Unifor Local 1106.
The Health Information Services Department Clerk assists in the establishment and maintenance of the health records in accordance with departmental and hospital policies. The Clerk is responsible for the daily management of the patient record.
This includes but is not limited to filing and scanning of patient records, chart location, assist in the management of deficiencies, chart assembly, distribution of reports to doctor’s offices, and chart pulls.
The Clerk is responsible for reception and must have excellent customer service skills. The Clerk has responsibility for record management retention.
The Clerk works closely with department staff, hospital staff, and physicians.
- Successful completion of Medical Office Program
- Experience in Health Information Services/Health Information Management department
- Proven competency in filing and archiving
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent clerical & computer proficiency (Meditech ADM and PCI, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent customer service in receiving calls and/or visitors
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to function independently and in close team environment
- Physical demands of the job require tasks that involve repeated lifting, bending, stretching and standing for a long period of time
- Demonstrated dependability/attendance
- Knowledge and compliance with Privacy Legislation and the hospital’s privacy policies and procedures.
HOURS OF WORK:
- As per department schedule
- As per the Collective Agreement
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Quote job posting # 2019-01 in the subject line.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.